Why invest in a Company Wellness Program or Clinic?
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Investing in a workplace wellness program to promote employee health simply makes sense. Wellness initiatives are an investment in the health and productivity of your workforce, and can lead to reduced benefit costs, reduced absenteeism or presenteeism, and higher productivity. For every $1 spent on corporate wellness programs, medical costs fall by about $3.27 and absenteeism costs fall about $2.73*.
The Healthserv Wellness Screening Program provides individual health screening for risk factors related to chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, stroke and heart disease.
We educate and inform your employees about topics such as nutrition, stress, exercise, diabetes, cholesterol, weight, blood pressure, tobacco use, and certain cancers. By promoting awareness of healthier lifestyle choices and potential health related issues, we can facilitate disease prevention, ultimately encouraging your workforce to live healthier, safer lives.
Health Screening Includes:
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Cholesterol
- Blood Sugar/Glucose Screening
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
Our team of professional Registered Nurses are available to conduct wellness clinics at your workplace anywhere in British Columbia. Healthserv will maintain and store employee's confidential medical information, saving your company the paperwork.
The Benefits of a Wellness Program
- Health issues are identified before they become more serious illnesses.
- Early identification enables individuals to take appropriate measures to address these issues to prevent further complications.
- Encourage direct medical follow up for individuals with identified health risks.
- Reduced lost work days and productivity due to illness through early diagnosis.
- Questions are answered in a confidential manner regarding specific health issues.
- Individuals are educated on current and potential health issues for the purpose of prevention.
- Low cost way of promoting health in the workplace.
- Positive impact on workplace morale as the health and well being of employees is invested in.
Need more information on the benefits of Wellness Clinics?
A straightforward guide to establishing a workplace Wellness Clinic by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety is available here.
* "Workplace Wellness Program Can Generate Savings" Harvard University: Health Affairs. Baiker, Cutler & Song - February 2010)